Version 2 of Stock Sync for WooCommerce Free / Pro has been released. It includes a lot of improvements which increase performance and usability of the plugin such as:
- New REST API endpoints which allow syncing to happen in one request instead of two
- Primary – Secondary Inventories instead of multiple Primary Inventories to increase performance
- Background processing for preventing slowing the sites down
- Batch processing for avoiding timeout and memory issues
- Improved report page
- Improved logging
While version 2 has been designed to be as compatible as possible with sites migrating from version 1, it has a lot of changes and testing on staging environments is recommended. Additionally, as version 2 introduces Secondary Inventories, settings need to be altered.
NOTE: Version 2 is not compatible with WooCommerce 3.x. Please update to WooCommerce 4.x before updating Stock Sync.
How to upgrade
Updating from version 1 to 2 should be straightforward. However, it’s recommended to backup the sites and select a time when there is not much sales to avoid stock discrepancies.
- Update from version 1 to 2 on all sites at the same time.
- Free: you can update directly from WordPress admin
- Pro: manual update from zip file is required due to potential breaking changes with setups involving more than 2 syncable sites. Please submit a ticket with your order number or email address used for the order if you don’t have version 2 zip file yet.
- Select one site which is Primary Inventory. Please read below for differences.
- Set other site(s) as Secondary Inventories at WooCommerce > Settings > Stock Sync > Role of This Site.
- Edit stock quantities on different sites and ensure syncing succeeds
That’s all. If you experience any issues, please submit a ticket detailing your issue.
Primary vs Secondary Inventory
You should have one Primary Inventory and 1 – 4 Secondary Inventories. If you have only two sites you want to sync, it doesn’t matter much which site is Primary. However, if you have multiple stores, please consider the following:
- Primary Inventory should have all products which stock quantities you want to share.
- Complete logs are only available on Primary Inventory
- Tools (Push All and Update All) are only available on Primary Inventory